Thursday 24 April 2014

Copenhagen - End -

Unfortunately every holiday has an end and today´s post was about my last day in Copenhagen. I loved the city, the people, the food, the atmosphere... I loved everything about Copenhagen and it was hard getting on the plane to leave (until the next time though!).

The last day was a Sunday, and be aware that on Sundays many places are closed. I found it a bit weird seeing restaurants, cafes and shops closed on a Sunday, and it was a bit of a struggle finding somewhere to have lunch or just a coffee.

Taking that into account, we decided to take one of the boat tours. They are every half an hour and last for about one hour. They are good to see the city from another angle but I wouldn´t recommend them as the only way to see the city, as they are not like the bus where you can hop on and off whenever you like.

Here is a selection of some of my favourite photos.












As you can see on the photos it was a gorgeous sunny day, so after the boat we went for a walk to the Botanic Gardens. They are not far from the centre, a 15 - 20 minute walk, and they are a very relaxing place. Once you are inside all the noise and the crazy city life stays out and you can just enjoy some peace and nature.


As I said at the beginning of the post, I loved Copenhagen and happily would go back again. Next time I will rent a bike (although I will panic with the cars going past me), and will try to discover some other places in Denmark too, because it seems to be a really beautiful country.

Do you have a favourite thing to do in the cities you visit? Do you do or buy something specific? Do you buy souvenirs when you travel?

I´d love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...